Saturday, July 11, 2009

On Ovarian Cancer: Go Suck a Different Egg, Cancer!

Summer Reads:  

Voltaire's Bastards - John Ralston Saul
The Sickness unto Death - Soren Kierkegaard
Human Happiness - Blaise Pascal
On the Suffering of the World - Arthur Schopenhauer
Thus Spoke Zarathustra - Friedrich Nietzsche
The Human Condition - Hannah Arendt
Your Inner Fish - Neil Shubin (this one is mostly just for fun) 


I know what you're thinking: Saroja, how on earth are you going to read all these books in just 2 months while still doing school full time? My answer: I don't have a freaking clue but I'm really determined. If I'm going to enter that contest, I need to start writing pronto. Alas, before writing comes research.

If anyone has any suggestions for good reads that relate to my thesis, please send them my way! My goal is to start putting pen to paper by Sept. 5... deadline for contest entries are Jan 15.

2 comments:

Dave Heywood said...

Happy to see a new post! It's been a while :P. Those seem like some deep reads...a bit over my head, perhaps, but I'd love to get the coles notes versions from you sometime! What's this contest?

Saroja said...

It's the Osler Medal Contest -- Med kids in Canada and the US can write up to 25 pgs of essay on a topic about medical humanities. It's kinda been the end purpose for my CTP research... the problem is finding the time to sit down and put it all together!

PS: thanks for still reading, buddy! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...