Wednesday, November 4, 2009

What elective did you do last spring? Uhhh, OP? Crap, no... that's OT. I'm here for PT. Good grief.

Today was a grey day and I felt lousy (really lousy) right from the moment I first woke up. I've had this pestering sore throat and cough for about a week now (no, it's not the oink oink that everyone is so worried about!) but it's still been keeping me on edge a little. Combine this with some serious soreness from yoga last night (I stretched in ways I didn't know where possible and I've almost perfected my head stand!) and you've got a recipe for a slow-moving, slow-thinking Saroja.

Thus, despite awaking at my regular 6:30am, I never made it to lecture... instead, I let the bunnies out and did the last of my on-line learning modules. I also wrote a good chunk of my CTP and made a good, wholesome breakfast before trundling off to my afternoon doing clinical with physio.

Post-physio, I was still feeling pretty swamped and rotten so instead of going straight home, I dropped by the shopping mall with the vague idea of "just looking" for a good dress to wear to the many weddings I've been invited to attend this year. Up until this point, I've been borrowing dresses, shoes, and jewelry from Penguin's little brother's girlfriend.

Sixty minutes later, I had successfully purchased a gorgeous little dress, necklace and earrings to match, sexy shoes (plus an extra pair for shoes (boots? shoe-boots?) for clinical that I just couldn't leave in the store), and groceries. At which point, I came home feeling very proud of myself for spending a shockingly small amount of money on all of it combined.

I then made myself Penguin's heart-winning chicken breast stuffed with roasted red pepper and leeks in white wine cream sauce with mashed potatoes and freshly cooked buns.

YUM.

Then, while eating dinner, I received an e-mail saying that I had, indeed, won a spot at my super exciting elective placement for surgery - should I choose to take it.

Go me. Take that rainy day and stiff muscles!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...