Monday, February 16, 2009

Fail early and get it over with.

This morning has been a series of misadventures. I got up extra early to go do a clinical placement at the local Diabetes/Endocrine Clinic... and I left extra early because I had to drop by the campus first to pick up my Clinical Skills notes, stethoscope, and coat. I also got a little lost on the way there because Gmaps got it wrong and told me to turn right when I should have turned left... but all in all, I made it there by 8:15 and the clinic was supposed to start at 8:30.

And there I waited, in a deserted hallway, for 45 min.

While I waited, I panicked about being in the wrong location and called poor Scarlet twice at a god-awful early morning hour while simultaneously musing to myself that how can there possibly be another Diabetes/Endocrine Clinic in a city of 130 000?!

It was then that I realized: it's Family Day. I had known that to begin with -- that's why I chose today to go to the Clinic! I had the day off and what better way to spend my holiday than work? Also, the sign up sheet clearly offered Feb 16th as an option and the academic coordinator definitely told me that she had e-mailed the Endo Doc to let her know that I was coming. In fact, she had told that the Endo Doc had also replied along the lines of "Don't be late or I will breathe fire all over you and feed you to my patients, roasted."

Needless to say, I was a little irked as I left the hospital to return home. On the bright side, however, I now have the WHOLE day to do chores, errands, and homework.

But, first, a nap...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...