Sunday, January 30, 2011

Just because it's insane doesn't mean that it's impossible.

Current Scholastic Pursuits:

  • Howdy friends, from the prairies! I'm currently sitting in an airport in Saskatchewan waiting for my next flight so I thought I'd take advantage for the free WiFi to sneak in my regular Sunday update.
  • So far, I've done 2 interviews and they have both gone really well. I was very impressed with the first school and relatively unimpressed with the second- which, is actually nice since it offers me some perspective on the range of programs available.
  • With 2 interviews down, I've got 6 more to go! Please continue to wish me luck and send me positive thoughts to keep me going on this journey.
Recipe I've Been Drooling Over:

Favourite Thing on Etsy this Week:
  • Goose with Oxalis by unitedthread
  • I just love, love, love the texture and diversity of lines used to create the goose's feathers. This is watercolor at its finest for me.
Goose with Oxalis - Limited Edition Print

What I'm Reading Right Now:
  • Honestly, I'm reading program descriptions and RCTs about hernias and gallbladders this week in an effort to prepare for my interviews and start/finish my reading week project.
  • The woe-begotten John Raston Saul book continues to be put on the back burner. I swear I'll conquer it one day soon!
TED Talk I Watched this Week:
  • I didn't get to watch a TED Talk this week, which makes me sad. It's been a bit busy with all the travel!
Song of the Week:
  • Our Retired Explorer by the Weakerthans
  • Please note the realistic depiction of squeaky snow. Love it!!

Thing I'm Most Grateful for this Week:
  • The incredible opportunity to tour across Canada and interview at all these incredible programs. Yesterday, I got to pet a stingray at the West Edmonton Mall, today I got frostbite in Saskatoon, and tomorrow I'll be in Winnipeg where I'll finally meet Penguin's buddies from his Masters. I'm the luckiest girl in the world.
Thing I'm Most Looking Forward to this Week:
  • Meeting the Mysterious Mexican... and of course, more interviews!!
Bunny Photo of the Week:
  • Here they are in a post-dinner food coma. :)


1 comment:

Jen said...

We put a toaster on the backburner and then it exploded. I'd recommend not putting the book on the burner at all.

I'm wishing you continued good luck!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...