Sunday, March 6, 2011

Weekly Update: It came in like a Lion, Welcome March!

• Current Scholastic Pursuits

  • Well, the big day is tomorrow. Aside from a very reassuring heart-to-heart with Penguin over lunch yesterday, we've done a pretty good job at not talking about it. So let's not ruin the mood now. Tonight we're having folks over for a Pre-Match party. We're hosting a cupcake fondu with plenty of alcohol. I made lavender whiskey sour syrup. Penguin brought scotch. We also have rum and Flying Monkeys beer on hand. I think that ought to be enough to keep people distracted.


    • Recipe I've Been Drooling Over

    • I used this recipe to make my own flour tortillas this week and it went surprisingly well! They were delicious and not all that time consuming to make. Then I used the tortillas to make some very yummy black bean and goat cheese quesadillas. YUM!
    Black Bean & Goat Cheese Quesadillas with Guacamole Recipe




    • Favourite Thing on Etsy this Week


    • I love love love this idea. Check out the video of this beautiful work of art in action below.
    night boat automaton





    • What I'm Reading Right Now


    • I'm still working on the Munk Debates. This book moves a little more slowly but it's an enjoyable, enlightening read. I hope you've picked up a copy or gone online to watch the debates for yourself.


      • TED Talk I Watched This Week

      • Michael Specter: The Danger of Science Denial
      • While I don't agree with everything this guy has to say, he's got some solid points in there. My favourite quote: "Which do you prefer: Big Pharma or Big Placebo?"




      • Song of the Week


      • After watching this video, I downloaded Adele's latest album, 21. It's amazing. You can get the original Rolling in the Deep music video on iTunes for free, so I highly recommend you check it out. Below is a brilliant mashup of Adele and Moby, brought to you courtesy of Melon. Enjoy!




      • Thing I'm Most Grateful for This Week


      • Penguin once again tops the charts. If he were a vocalist, he'd be giving Mariah Carey a run for her money. Fortunately, Penguin is not Mariah Carey. Instead, he is the most amazing, calm, reassuring, sincere, and loving man I have ever known. Thanks for being my rock this week, Penguin. We both know that if you hadn't come down this weekend, I'd probably be trying to give the bunnies a bath in highly diluted bleach (having run out of other things to clean).


        • Thing I'm Most Looking Forward to This Week

        • Lord, that thing we're not supposed to talk about finally being OVER. Unnghghgh!


        • Bunny Photo of the Week


        • Saturday night, Penguin and I put a bunch of candles in the fireplace and a blanket on the floor. We were going to catch up on our TV shows by having a romantic fireside picnic. However, the lure of romance crossed the species boundary and our blanket was quickly usurped by some very amorous rabbits... thanks a lot, you guys, for ruining the mood.

        2 comments:

        Anonymous said...

        Here's hoping tomorrow's favourite music will be Beethoven's 9th, final movement: Ode to Joy!

        Much love,
        Dad

        Saroja said...

        Thanks, Dad!

        Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...